Thank you for visiting the website for St. Mary's C.E. Middle School. We are a 9-13 middle school situated on the outskirts of Puddletown, a small village in the beautiful Dorset countryside. We are a church school with an ethos built on the core Christian values of respect, forgiveness, justice, uniqueness, equality, acceptance and kindness.
We look to inspire our school community and give them the tools to thrive in the modern world, summed up by our school aim of 'Inspire today to shape tomorrow'. We are proud to have been assessed as an outstanding church school in our last two Church of England inspections. We expect the highest standards in both academic work and behaviour and we place our children at the centre of everything we do.
The pupils, staff and governors are very proud of our school and we hope that this website will allow you to see why. We look forward to having the opportunity to meet you in person.
If you feel your child is entitled to Pupil Premium and/or Free School meals and these have not been registered with school, we would advise you to apply using the following link:- https://www.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/free-school-meals
Each year we find that some families who could be entitled to free school meals and as such, Pupil Premium funding, are not in receipt of this provision. In the current climate, many people’s financial situations have changed—if you think you may be eligible please follow the link to view the eligibility criteria and to apply for free school meals for your child.
If you feel this does apply to your child, the list below will offer guidance.
Your child is eligible for Pupil Premium funding if you are in receipt of any of the following;
· Income support
· Income based job seekers allowance
· Income related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act
· The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit; this is as long as you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual gross income is no more than £16,190.
· Working Tax Credit 'run-on' payment (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
· Universal Credit: this is as long as your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)